Metro Services To Resume in Delhi , Outside Containment Zone No Lockdown Restrictions
As confirmed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation “the latest guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs under Unlock 4, the Delhi Metro will be resuming its services for public from 7th September 2020 onwards in a calibrated manner.”
Metro train services will be allowed to operate with effect from September 7 as the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced Unlock 4.0 guidelines. The announcement also confirmed that except Schools, colleges, swimming pools and indoor theaters the other activities including Social, political, academic, sports, religious and other functions will be allowed with a limit of 100 people as part of the new rules from September 21.
The New rules to be followed while using the Metro during the unlock 4 guidelines :
- New smart cards with auto top-up facility, stickers on social distancing norms will be pasted on seats and platform floors.
- Inside metro premises like stations and train coaches, wearing of masks will be mandatory and social distancing norms will be followed as per government guidelines, and people not wearing masks will not be allowed to enter metro premises, officials said.
- Trains will halt for longer duration than on regular days to allow commuters to board coaches and alight from it while maintaining physical distance. Also, number of persons permissible to board a lift will be reduced in view of social distancing.
- One train coach can accommodate about 50 passengers on seats and a total of nearly 300 riders in the entire compartment, including standing commuters. With social distancing norms, this number will reduce drastically.
- Among other measures, red lines have been drawn at regular intervals next to AFC gates and security checking gates, just before commuters enter near the platform area.
- On platform floors, large stickers bearing ‘Ensure Social Distancing’ message have been pasted at regular intervals, with a while circle bordered by an outer red circle, to alert commuters.
- Thermal scanners will take temperature of commuters while entering and hand sanitiser will kept for them too.