As per the latest guidelines from Himachal Pradesh for the travelers willing to visit the state, there are a few relaxations in the rules compared to earlier lockdown periods. Although unlike many other states who have taken steps to ensure restriction-free movements of the travelers except in the containment zones, Himachal Pradesh seems to be yet skeptical in its approach as far as Unlock rules are concerned. The inter-state buses will continue to remain suspended until further orders.
Here is all that you need to keep in mind before you plan a visit to Himachal Pradesh:
- Those who wish to visit the hill station will be required to follow all the guidelines issued by the state government.
- The minimum duration of stay has been reduced to two nights across multiple locations
- The visiting tourist can opt to get Trunaat/CB Naat Test (negative report) as an alternative to RT-PCR test. However, they need to bear in mind that the test needs to be done from an authorized/accredited laboratory, and not less than 96 hours before entering the state border.
- The 96-hour timeline will be counted till the state border, and not for any internal checkpoints.
- Tourists will need to get registered themselves on the state’s official website, i.e., www.covid19epass.hp.gov, which should not be at least 24 hours before visiting the state under a tourist category.
- Children less than 10 years of age can skip the mandatory testing procedure, provided the adults accompanying him have undergone tests, and have requisite proofs regarding the same.
- The driver, if just dropping off the travellers, will not be required to undergo a quarantine process.
- Tourists will be required to have Arogya Setu app downloaded on their phones.
- Those travelling to the state are advised to follow responsible and safe tourism.
Source : TOI report