40% bookings from West India, 31% from South, 26% from North and 4% from East India for August’s long weekend vacation trips
New Delhi, 3rd August 2022: SanKash, a travel fintech company that helps offline and online travel agencies provide their client’s creative payment options, recently released the most recent information on long weekend travel patterns. SanKash received almost 95% of bookings from families, with the remaining 5% being for excursions with friends.
The most recent statistics also showed that the majority of reservations were made in the metro areas and tier 1 and tier 2 cities of Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, and Pune, as well as Kolkata, Kochi, and Jaipur. Over 40% of the reservations came from West India, with 31% from the South, 26% from the North, and 4% from Eastern India following. In India, mountains are preferred by 37% of visitors, while beaches are preferred by 33% of those surveyed by OYO.
To avoid the crowds, travellers begin to arrange their long weekend trips rather early. Because of lower rates and fewer seats, more than one month in advance reservations are made for trains and flights. Long weekends typically see a 40–50% surge in advance air ticket purchases, according to online travel agencies (OTA). There has been a huge increase in leisure travel, with many more people choosing family and group vacations than solo travels. Demand is being driven by multigenerational families, millennials and young professionals, couples, and honeymooners. Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, and the Northeast are the top travel destinations, followed by Kashmir.
SanKash enables travelers to spread the cost of their travel into digestible payments spread over a period of 3 to 24 months by partnering with leading travel merchants.